At NFA Behavioral Health, we believe that education is a valuable asset when pursuing a career or passion in life. With tuition costs increasing each year, it has become more difficult for those seeking higher education to finance their aspirations, which is why we are excited to announce the NFA Behavioral Health Scholarship Essay Competition.
Those interested in entering are asked to write an essay on the topic below. Your essay will be judged on the quality of content, ingenuity, completeness, and adherence to the prompt topic.
The winning essay contestant will receive $1,000 to put toward their tuition fees.
Scholarship Award Details
1st Place: $1,000
Scholarship Eligibility Submission Requirements
To be eligible to partake in the scholarship contest, individuals must meet some of the following criteria:
- Be a current student pursuing a college or university degree (Associate’s, Bachelor, Master, Doctorate), or a trade certification in a technical institution
- Actively enrolled full-time at a post-secondary institution
- Be 18+ on date of entry
Write your essay in response to the following prompt:
Everyone comes from different backgrounds and has their own set of beliefs, so it is natural to disagree with our peers at times. In order to have constructive conversations, we must have rational ways of explaining our ideas, and present open-mindedness towards hearing the opposing point of view. This is the way problems in society can come to a resolution or compromise.
Describe a disagreement you had with a coworker, classmate, friend, or relative that led to a passionate discussion. What stakes did you have in the discussion? Were you able to consider the other viewpoints? What was the outcome?
Essay Submission Guidelines
When submitting your essay, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Essay must be 100% original, written by you
- Final submission does not exceed 1,500 words
- Essay submission deadline: December 15, 2020
- Scholarships will be awarded for Spring 2021 semester directly to the winner’s school through the financial aid department
How to Enter:
To submit an essay for review in our scholarship contest:
- Meet all eligibility requirements
- Write an original essay response to the one the prompts
- Submit your essay entry via email to: email@example.com (with Subject: “Scholarship Essay Submission”)
Please be sure to include your name, age, university/college institution, and preferred email.
Winners will be notified by email on December 31, 2020.
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winning essays will be featured on our website at nfabehavioralhealth.com.